Adding a ceiling fan is a great way to transform any room. And while it is just a single addition, there is actually more to it than one may think. Here are all the components to installing a ceiling fan:
- Size: One of the first things that needs to be determined is what size ceiling fan you want installed. We recommend that the bigger the room, the bigger the fan.
- Weight: Ceiling fans are quite heavy, so you’ll need secure bracing depending on the size and weight of the fan you want installed.
- Wiring: If you are replacing a ceiling fan where one was installed before, there will already be wiring in place, but you’ll want to ensure that the box truly is properly rated for ceiling fans. If you are looking to have a fan placed where there was previously a fixture or empty ceiling space, then you will need to have wiring installed first.
- Control: Do you want to control your fan from a remote, a switch, or a pull chain? These are all things you will need to consider.
- Rating: We recommend researching your fan before purchasing. And it’s not just about style and price. There are other things to consider:
A ceiling fan is a great addition to any room—it not only adds to the décor, but also helps with air circulation. But when dealing with the installation of any heavy fixture, especially one that requires you to deal with electrical wiring, every precaution should be taken. We recommend hiring a licensed electrician. There is a lot more to installing a ceiling fan than meets the eye; you’ll want to make sure it is done properly—and securely!
Here at Hiller Electric we offer quality services, and can help you with any of your ceiling installation needs. So don’t hesitate to contact us at (402) 339-0524 or visit our website, here.