In our field of expertise, it is no surprise that poor electrical wiring and handling can have very serious consequences. That is why, today, we are going to focus on electrical safety tips in a commercial space. From computers, appliances, projectors, copiers, heavy machinery, phone systems, and more, any commercial space requires a lot of electrical equipment, as well as electrical wiring.
Below, we’ve put together a list of electrical safety tips to ensure a safe environment for your employees and customers. Take a look below.
1. Have your employees well acquainted with all electrical equipment. Make sure your employees fully understand all electrical equipment before they use them. This is especially true for any expensive and complicated machinery that you certainly do not want damaged due to improper use.
2. Avoid worn or discolored outlets. Worn or discolored outlets can be sign of a serious electrical problem, such as hidden arcing, burning or smoldering, damaged or improperly installed wiring, etc. To avoid any risk of injury or possibly damage to your property, it is best that you discontinue the use of these outlets until an electrician can inspect them.
3. Have dedicated circuitry for certain electrical equipment. The last thing you want is to experience an electrical issue that could potentially damage or destroy your equipment. This is especially true for computer and other very expensive equipment that are vital to your company’s daily activities. By providing a dedicated circuit breaker or unit specifically for your equipment, you can avoid the possibility of an electrical issue.
4. Be aware of frequently blown fuses or circuits. Blown circuits and fuses can be a sign that your outlets or circuits are being overloaded. Such problems may be more serious than you think, and should be taken care of immediately.
5. Get an inspection. Last but not least, if you have any doubt in your mind that any of your electrical systems or wiring are not in tip top condition, then you should consider having a skilled electrician come out and inspect your property. It never hurts to have that added security.
As always, if you come across any questions, we here at Hiller Electric are happy to answer them–call us today at (402) 339-0524. Hiller Electric can also help you with your installation needs—no job is too big or too small, we guarantee quality service every time!